Handling an Injury Person
- Take charge of the situation at once.
Send someone to notify the doctor, telling him exactly where the victim will be found.
- See how badly the victim is hurt. Is he breathing regularly? Is he losing blood? If so, where? Cut or rip the clothing from the injured part, putting pressure over the bleeding points as soon as possible. Be careful not to injure any area where there are broken bones. Always look carefully for signs of burns, or shock.
- Keep the victim lying down with his head level with the chest? Don’t let him sit up calm his fears and keep him comfortable.
- Avoid all unnecessary movement, especially if there is any possibility of a fracture of the spine. Many an injury has been made far worse because well-meaning people try to lift carry a victim in their arms, to car.
- Keep yourself calm. Do what must be done as promptly as possible. Avoid all confusion.