How to Stop Smoking
How can a person actually stop smoking?
Naturally the first thing to do is to STOP. Weather you decide to stop for just an hour at a time during the first day, and two hours at a time during the first day, and two hours the next and three hours the next day, or whether you plan to stop altogether is a personal matter which you alone must decide.
Almost very smoker who genuinely wishes to stop will have a real struggle to face. What should he do? Here are a few steps he can take:
- Stay away from the smoker as much as possible, particularly during the next few weeks. This will avoid temptation and strength your resolve not to start again.
- Become a vigorous campaigner against the use of tobacco in any form. This may bore some of your friends for a while, but in the end you may be able to help them too.
- Take two hot baths every day and follow this with stimulating cold shower. This will help you physically and strengthen your will to succeed.
- Take plenty of exercise including deep breathing and long walks in the open air several times each day. This will clean out the lungs and improve your sense of well-being.
- Watch your diet. Be sure to eat large quantities of fresh fruits and vegetables. These are an excellent antidote against the poisons of tobacco. In fact, iyou ate a little except fruit and vegetables for the next few weeks you would soon lose you desire to smoke. If necessary, take small meals more frequently to stabilize your blood sugar. This will also help to calm your nerves during this of stress.
- Don’t go hungry for long. Ear regularly and do not attempt to lose weight while you are trying to break the tobacco habit. You may gain a few pounds, but don’t worry about this just now. You can lose the extra weight later.
- Avoid highly seasoned foods and alcohol. These have probably encourage your craving for tobacco. They have spoiled your appetite for normal foods that build the body. Omit such things as pepper, mustard, spices, and hot condiments from your diet. For the present your should be even be careful about taking extra amounts of salt. Soon you will be surprised at the new flavors you are finding in your foods as you taste buds heal.
- Get rid of all your cigarettes and very vestige of tobacco you possess. It is not safe to keep any smoking materials handy just now. The temptation to start using the stuff may prove to great.
- Commit yourself to God very day and every hour asking for Devine help whenever you feel the craving to smoke. Power from above is always available to those in need.
- Do not falter in your resolves to conquer this habit, for this is well worth all the effort you will be forced to make. Once you have solved this problem you will be surprised at how much better you feel. Your heart will beat quietly, your nerves will be calm, and your pulse strong and steady. Your breath will be sweet and clean, your muscles relaxed, and your mind will be in control of itself.
Here another product Commit Lozenges , 4 mg, 72-Count (Mint) that would help you Quit on Smoking. This help you Helps reduce your nicotine cravings and relieves some nicotine withdrawal symptoms to help you quit. Doubles your chance of quitting, even if you’ve tried before. Includes free access to Committed Quitters, an online resource that can give you an individualized stop-smoking plan. Helps your body gradually adjust to less nicotine. Over a 12-week period, you will use fewer and fewer lozenges. Can actually help reduce weight gain while you quit. -