Healthy Brocoli Soup
The foundation of being healthy is eating healthy foods! So here is a yummy recipe of brocoli soup, that is both easy to make and healthy.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and finely diced
- 700 g broccoli florets
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp double cream
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Put the garlic cloves in a small roasting tin and cook for 20 minutes, until soft. Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in a large pan and fry the onion and potato for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add the broccoli florets and pour in the vegetable stock. Season and bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly. Using your fingers, squeeze the softened garlic out of the skin and add to the soup. Liquidize with a blender until smooth. Reheat gently for a few minutes, then stir in the cream, season and serve with crusty bread.