Healthy Recipe Ampalaya and Shrimp Salad
Ampalaya helps enhance the body’s immune system to ward off infections. In this salad, bitter ampalaya shares the salad with sweetish shrimps. (Don’t worry, I mixed headless shrimp into the salad, to cut the cholesterol content of this seafood.)
Serves 4 to 5 Prep Time 30 minutes Cooking Time 10 to 15 minutes
- 1 small bitter gourd (ampalaya), washed and sliced
- 1/4 kilo small shrimps, washed and boiled
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, drained
- Wash ampalaya slices three times. Set aside.
- Shell the shrimps then toss together with the ampalaya slices. Season with salt and pepper then pour in the honey.
- Toss in cottage cheese. Mix well. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Serving tip This side salad tastes better (read: a lot less bitter) when served cold. Refrigerate it for two to three hours before serving.