Healthy Recipe Beef Roulade in Cheese and Anchovies
This pan-fried dish makes for a great appetizer or even a filling meal when served together with steamed rice. Try this Healthy Recipe Beef Roulade in Cheese and Anchovies.
Serves 4 to 6 Prep Time 10 minutes Cooking Time 15 minutes
- 500 grams beef tenderloin, cut into thin slices
- 125 grams mozzarella or Gruyere, cut into strips
- 6 to 8 anchovy fillets, drained, halved, and soaked in some milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Pound the beef slices lightly until thin.
- On each slice, arrange a small finger of cheese and an anchovy fillet. Roll and fasten with a toothpick or cocktail stick.
- Heat oil in a frying pan large enough to hold all beef rolls without overcrowding. Add rolls and brown on all sides.
- Add 2 tablespoons of wine, cover and cook the rolls quickly for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the meat, set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, add remaining wine and simmer for a few minutes scraping the drippings from the pan. Swirl in butter and add chopped parsley and beef rolls.
- Remove toothpicks. Serve with steamed rice.
Drippings tip Use a stainless steel pan instead of a nonstick one to get more drippings.