Healthy Recipe Cauliflower and Tomatoes
Cauliflower includes antioxidant nutrients to boost Phase 1 detoxification activities and sulfur-containing nutrients to boost Phase 2 activities. Cauliflower also contains phytonutrients called glucosinolates that can help activate detoxification enzymes and regulate their activity.
Tomatoes help reduced risk of heart disease is an area of health benefits in which tomatoes truly excel. There are two basic lines of research that have repeatedly linked tomatoes to heart health. The first line of research involves antioxidant support, and the second line of research involves regulation of fats in the bloodstream.
Try this Healthy Recipe Cauliflower and Tomatoes at home.
- 1 small head cauliflower (coarsely chopped, white part removed)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced basil
- salt and pepper
- In a pan, cook 1 small head cauliflower (coarsely chopped, white part removed) in 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil until browned.
- On one side of the pan, sauté 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic until aromatic.
- Pour in 1 cup diced tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes, and 1 1/2 tablespoons minced basil. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix with cauliflower; season with salt and pepper.