Healthy Recipe Creamed Cabbage
Cabbage contain phytonutrients, works to protect the body from free radicals that can damage the cell membranes. Phytonutrients also signal our genes to increase its production of enzymes involved in detoxification. It also lower the incidence of cancer, especially in the lung, stomach and colon prostate.
For a simple and homely vegetable side-dish try Healthy Recipe Creamed Cabbage.
Best with: Grilled chicken and grilled fish.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 100 grams finely chopped bacon
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, julienned
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- freshly ground pepper
- Heat canola oil in pan, sauté garlic.
- Add bacon and cook until fat is rendered.
- Toss in cabbage and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour heavy cream, boil, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritive Values of Cabbage : Per 100 gm.
- Vitamin A : 80 I.U.
- Vitamin c : 50 mg.
- Calcium : 46 mg.
- Phosphorus : 31 mg.
- Potassium : 140 mg.
- Carbohydrates : 5.3 gm.
- Protein : 1.4 gm.
- Calories : 24