Healthy Recipe Cucumber Mint Salad with Vinaigrette
Because of its high water content many health benefits of cucumber are physical, such as clear skin, reduction in under eye swelling and sunburn relief. But the water content in cucumbers is also responsible for helping rid your body of toxins that can make you sick.
- 2 cucumbers (rinsed and sliced finely)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon cane vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper
- Toss 2 cucumbers (rinsed and sliced finely) with 2 teaspoons salt.
- Place in strainer, drain water; squeeze dry.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint. Refrigerate.
- Make the dressing: Mix 1 tablespoon cane vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss with cucumber.
- Let stand for 30 minutes. Chill for 2 hours.