Healthy Recipe Delicious Lemon Pudding
A creamy and healthy delicious Lemon Pudding with light sponge topping. An old favourite but always a winner. Try this pudding: delicious, fluffy lemon clouds with just the right tang.
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus extra for coating ramekins
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 eggs, separated
- whipped cream and lemon zest for topping
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease 6 ramekins then coat insides with sugar.
- Whisk sugar, flour, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream, lemon juice, and egg yolks; whisk until well combined.
- In the center of the flour mixture, pour in about half of the sour cream mixture and make a smooth paste. Add the remaining sour cream and mix. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks. Gradually, fold egg whites into the batter in three additions. Pour into prepared ramekins. Place in a basin marie and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until tops are pale, not browned.
- Top with whipped cream and lemon zest before serving.