Healthy Recipe Java Rice
Learn to prepare this familiar flavorful rice dish and Healthy Recipe – Java Rice. This serves up 6 to 8 with a preparation time of 10 minutes and cooking time 15 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons annatto oil
- 1 small red onion, brunoise
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, brunoise
- 5 cloves garlic, brunoise
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow McCormick curry powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon McCormick chili powder
- 8 pieces Monterey Lucban longganisa, crumbled or use 450 grams ground pork
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded, brunoise
- 4 cups day-old cooked Dinurado rice
- 1 teaspoon shrimp powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
For the garnish
1 stalk leeks, cut into fine strips
- Heat annatto oil in a non-stick wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the onions until mushy. Then add the roasted red bell peppers and continue to stir-fry.
- Add the garlic and cook until aromatic. Sprinkle the curry powder, then the chili powder. Stir-fry.
- Add the longganisa and cook through until a bit crispy. Add the chopped green bell peppers and mix well.
- Immediately stir in the rice and mix well with all the ingredients until uniform in color. Sprinkle in shrimp powder and turn heat to high. Mix well and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss in the peas.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with the leeks on top.
How to brunoise Brunoise is a two-part style of preparing ingredients. Step one: Cut the item into thin strips. Step two: Take the fine strips and further dice them into super-tiny cubes.