Healthy Recipe Nata De Coco Atchara
Nata de coco is a chewy, translucent, jelly-like food product produced by the fermentation of coconut water, which gels through the production of microbial cellulose by Acetobacter xylinus. Nata de coco is most commonly sweetened as a candy or dessert, and can accompany many things including pickles, drinks, ice cream, puddings and fruit mixes. The product originates from the Philippines.
Nata de coco is highly regarded for its high dietary fibre, and its low fat and cholesterol content. Strips of nata de coco are used in mass-produced bubble tea drinks as a healthier alternative to tapioca.
Try this Healthy Recipe Nata De Coco Atchara at home.
- 1 tablespoon rock salt
- 250 grams grated green papaya
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sliced shallots
- a dash of turmeric powder
- 1 small jar nata de coco, washed and rinsed
- 1/4 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- Sprinkle rock salt over grated green papaya. Squeeze out water.
- Boil water, sugar, cane vinegar, sliced ginger, sliced garlic, sliced shallots.
- Turn off heat; add turmeric powder.
- In a bowl, mix papaya mixture, nata de coco, and bell pepper. Pour in the vinegar mixture.
- Let sit for 4 hours at room temp. Chill.