Healthy Recipe Poached Lapu-lapu Fillet with Cheesy Tomato Basil
A fast and healthy cooking procedure, poaching ensures that your dish is moist and flavorful.
Serves 6 Prep Time 10 minutes Cooking Time 12 minutes
- 6 lapu-lapu fillets, skinned
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 12 basil leaves
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 250 grams mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups fish stock
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a baking pan, arrange fillets then drizzle with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with chopped shallots. Arrange basil leaves on top, followed by the sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle top with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, slowly pour fish stock until halfway through fillets.
- Poach fish in the oven 12 minutes or until done.
- Discard poaching liquid after cooking.