Healthy Recipe Puffy Corn Pudding
The rich corn pudding bakes slowly in the oven. The eggs and milks give it a puffy, souffle-like texture. This is best with grilled steak, roast chicken.
Try this Healthy Recipe Puffy Corn Pudding at your home.
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 cup canned cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup canned whole corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- salt and pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Purée fresh milk, canned cream-style corn, canned whole corn kernels.
- In a pan, melt butter, add all-purpose flour; mix well.
- Pour in corn-milk mixture; cook until thick. Cool.
- Add egg yolks, whole kernel corn; season with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks; fold into mixture; transfer to 4 buttered ramekins.
- Bake bain-marie for 30 minutes or until puffed. Cool for 20 minutes; unmold.
- Place in individual baking containers, pour heavy cream. Bake at 400ºF until puffed.