Healthy Recipe Spanish Sardines Cream Spread with Crostini
- 1 medium-size baguette
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 pieces sardines in oil, deboned
- pinch of paprika
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make crostini, cut baguete thinly and toast in oven until crisp.
- In a pan over moderate heat, heat olive oil, sauté onions and garlic for 3 minutes, then add sardines. Using a wooden spoon, cut the sardines into flakes. Season with paprika.
- In a bowl, whip cream cheese with the cream using a wire whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Add the sautéed sardines. Blend well. Serve on top of crostini.
Appetizing tip Add some bacon-wrapped bananas to your appetizer platter! Cut 2 saba bananas into 6 portions crosswise and halve 6 bacon strips lengthwise. Wrap each banana piece with bacon; secure with a toothpick. Deep-fry in 1 cup vegetable oil until bacon is crisp.