Healthy Recipe Tarte Tatin
Keep it simple! tarte tatin is a traditional French upsid-down apple pie. Just a few ingredients are needed for this delicious treat!
- 7 to 8 apples
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 400 gram block puff pastry
- ice cream or whipped cream to serve
- Prehet oven to 400°F.
- Peel apples, core then cunt into wedges.
- Melt butter slowly in an ovenproof frying pan and sprinkle over half the sugar. Stir sugar into butter. Pack apples tightly in pan so you have a closed surface. Sprinkle over remaining sugarand cook over remaining sugar and cook over heat for about 30 minutes until apple are golden (do not stir). Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, roll out pastry to fit pan. Place over apples. Trim around the edges and tuck in. Prick pastry lightly with fork, brush with beaten egg and bake into oven for about 30 minutes until golden.
- Place plate or wire rack over pan and carefully turn upside down. Tart will release from pan and any extra juices will drizzle over apples. Serve hot with ice cream.