Healthy Recipe Tossed Salad with Pan-seared Chicken Liver
It can’t get any easier than tossing store-bought greens with store-bought dressing. The special touch? Chunks of chicken liver, mangoes, and even crunchy cornicks! Try this Healthy Recipe Tossed Salad with Pan-seared Chicken Liver recipe.
Serves 4 Prep Time 8 minutes Cooking Time 4 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces chicken liver
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bag store-bought mixed greens
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/4 piece ripe mango, cubed
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornicks
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons store-bought ranch dressing
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over moderate heat. Season chicken liver with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, coat with cornstarch. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, carrots, mangoes, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, cornicks, and chopped basil. Toss with 3 tablespoons salad dressing. Transfer salad to a plate and top with the pan-seared chicken liver.
Salad dressing tip: You can make your own dressing up to a week before the party: Blend 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mustard, 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 small onion (chopped) until smooth and thick then drizzle in 1/2 cup canola oil. Season with salt and pepper.