Healthy Seafood Paella
No trip to Spain would be complete without sample its famous rice dish, paella. The ingredients alter from region to region, but this recipe uses salmon fillet and mushrooms. Serve this seafood paella with crusty whole-wheat bread.
- 400 g risotto or long-grain rice
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes
- 40 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 baby courgettes, sliced
- ½ tsp saffron
- 2 tbsp garden peas
- 6 small broccoli florets
- 100 g large uncooked prawns, shelled
- 100 g salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Put the rice and stock together in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Sprinkle in saffron and simmer until rice is cooked. Drain.
- Fry the salmon in the oil until lightly browned, add the prawns and cook a few more minutes. Remove the seafood, then slice the salmon.
- Fry the onion, mushroom, garlic and courgette until lightly browned. Add the water. When it sizzles, add remaining vegetables. Stir-fry for 10 minutes, then fold in the rice and seafood and serve.