Self-saucing Chocolate Pudding
Try this quick and easy Self-saucing Chocolate Pudding, looks great when served and tastes delicious.
Serve 4 Prep Time 10 minutes Baking Time 12 to 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- whipped cream or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Combine the flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Mix until combine.
- Divide the batter evenly into 4 (8-oz) cups or small baking dishes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and remaining sugar. Mix together then sprinkle equal amounts over the batter. Careful pour the boiling water over the mixture.
- Bake the puddings for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the tops are firm.
- Remove from the oven. Serve immediately, topped with the whipped cream or ice cream.