Steak with Mushroom Macaroni Cheese
Enjoy this rich and hearty meal Steak with Mushroom Macaroni Cheese. Serves 4 Prep and Cooking Time 35 minutes.
Steak with Mushroom Macaroni Cheese Ingredients:
- 700 grams thick-cut piece lean rump steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 250 grams macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 200 grams fresh button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- steamed broccoli, for serving
Steak with Mushroom Macaroni Cheese Preparations:
- Drizzle steak with half of the oil then season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread one side of the steak with mustard; sprinkle with parsley.
- Cook macaroni in a medium saucepan of boiling, salted water until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in same saucepan; add flour and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir cheese and cooked macaroni. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick frying pan; cook mushrooms, stirring, over high heat until brown and tender. Add mushrooms to macaroni mixture.
- Add steak into 4 portions. Serve with the macaroni mixture and steamed broccoli, if desired.