Steamed Shrimps in Young Coconut
Serves 4. Prep Time 10 minutes Cooking Time 25 minutes
- 4 cups finely chopped or greated young coconut meat (buko)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 1 cup shelled and chopped shrimps
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (6×6-inch) square banana leaves, wilted on low fire
- In a bowl, mix coconut meat, onions, spring onions, shrimp and salt and pepper.
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoon of mixture in the center of banana leaf.
- Wrap securely forming a square pouch
- Do the same with the rest of the mixture.
- Steam, for 25 minutes. serve.
- Throw a table spoon of chopped mint leaves into the mixture to add a refreshing flavor of the dish.