Thai Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup is wonderfully flavored as well as being extremely healthy and nourishing. Perfect for chasing away those nasty cold or flu bugs, or simply for lifting your spirits and brightening your mood. Enjoy!
- 1 sheet of dried egg noodles from a 250 g pack
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 850 ml chicken stock
- 20 ml coconut milk
- 3 tsp red Thai curry paste
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 60 g frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- Put the noodles in a shallow dish and soak in boiling water following the instructions on the packet.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok, add the chicken, and fry for 5 minutes, stirring until lightly browned. Add the white part of the spring onions, the garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the stock, coconut milk, curry paste, peanut butter and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the red pepper, peas and green spring onion tops and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles and heat through. Spoon into individual bowls and serve with a spoon and fork.
Serves 4 to 6