Thai Steamed Fish Recipe
Fresh fish makes a refreshing change to your holiday menu. It’s also a healthy choice, providing valuable omega-3 fatty acids. For a melt-in-your-mouth taste experience, try my Thai recipe for Thai Steamed Fish Recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 good-sized snapper or red mullet, cleaned
- 500 ml light fish or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 sticks lemongrass, crushed with a rolling pin
- Peel and juice of 1 lime
- 1 small red finger chili, seeds discarded and cut lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Wash the cleaned fish and place in a baking dish. In a pan, gently heat the stock, fish sauce and soy sauce. Add the lemongrass, lime peel and juice, red chilli and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the stock over the fish, cover and place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Garnish with fresh coriander. Strain the remaining stock into a jug to use as a sauce.