First Aid for Poisoning
1. Find the container. Identifying the poison is the first step in selecting the right antidote.
2. Call the nearest doctor, giving him all the details as clearly as possible.
3. Rush the victim to hospital if you are close enough. Take the poison along with you in its original container, so the doctor will know what antidote to use.
4. UNIVERSAL ANTIDOTE: Neutralize the poison if you know whtat it is. If you don’t here is the universal antidote:
- Wood charcoal, 2 parts (burned toast may be substitute)
- Milk of magnesia, 1 part
- Tannic Acid, 1 part (strong tea)
- Gave 1 teasponful of a glass of water.
5. Induce vomiting. Lay the child your kness with his head down, and place your fingers at the back of his throught to induce vomiting. For an older child or adult, give one or two glasses of milk or white of an egg. Use water if nothing else is handy. A teasponful of salt added to the water will increase the tendency to vomit.