Prevent Poisoning: How to Prevent Poisoning in your Home
1. Throw all your medical away. Keep new prescriptions always in their original containers. Never take any medicine in the dark.
2. Always read labels carefully before taking any medicine. If the writing on the label is not clear, do not take the medicine.
3. Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating. Many dangerous substances may bee sprayed over these food to protect them in insects and other pests. Be sure these poisons are removed before you use these food.
4. Insect spray and “bug bombs” should only be used in a well-ventilated room. Never exhale the fume or spray. Do not use these poisonous spray around the food, or where food will later be sprayed. Always leave the room as soon as you have finished spraying.
5. Never store poisons on the same shelf with your foods. You might take the poison by mistake. Keep all household medicines locked away well beyond the reach of small children. Household cleaning solutions, insecticides, and rubbing alcohol, should be safely stored where little hands cannot possibly reach them.
6. Training: When your children are four or five years old, tell them dangers of taking any pills they might find around the house. Also, explain to them that leaves and berries from strange plants might also be harmful. Make it a practice for them to take nothing except what you give them. If your children has confidence in you, he will usually accept your advice.