Sinusitis Treatment: Simple Home Remedies
Sinusitis Treatment. Simple Home Remedies. Some of the nasal sinuses lie very close to the brain. Any inflammation within these sinuses may produce a rather severe type headache. Sometimes the headache comes on gradually, at other times rather quickly.
There may also be marked postnasal discharge or dripping down into the throat, as well as fever, loss of appetite, dizziness, and loss of the normal senses of smell. A feeling of toothache might also be present if the maxillary sinuses are involved.
During the early phase the temperature may rise to 102f. Anything higher than this suggested further complications, such as obits media or inflammation of the middle ear. In chronic sinusitis the headache is less sever and the patient may complain of “current colds.” Sinusitis and its complications are discussed on page 270.
Causes of Sinusitis
- Sinus passage inflammation.
- Mucus Over secretion by membranes lining the throat and nose.
Symptoms of Sinusitis
- Constant and excessive sneezing.
- Running nose.
- Nostrils get blocked.
- Low fever.
- No appetite.
- Breathing difficulty.
Home Remedies for Sinusitis
- Mango – The heavy concentration of Vitamin A in the fruit is good. Have it liberally.
- Fenugreek -Prepare tea by putting 1 teaspoonful of these seeds in water (250ml). Boil the content till it turns half the amount. This helps the body to perspire, remove toxicity, and reduce the time period of fever when the disease is in acute stage. Take 4 cups daily. Reduce the quantity as there is improvement in the condition.
- Garlic and Onion – The use of this pungent stuff is good for sinus problem. Add these herbs in moderate amounts in your regular meals.
- Cumin seeds – Tie a teaspoonful of cumin seeds in a thin cotton cloth as it can provide relief when inhaled. One can also take a mixture of roasted and grounded cumin seeds (100gm) and about 200gms of pure honey.
- Vegetable Juices – Carrot juice can be taken separately or can be combined with cucumber and beet juice, or along with spinach juice. In combined form take cucumber and beet juice(100ml each,) or spinach juice (200ml) and mix it with carrot juice (300ml) to have a combined amount of 500ml or half liters of the mixed juice.
- Vitamin A and C – Have a diet that is rich in Vitamin A and C. Important sources of these vitamins are whole milk, yogurt, pumpkin, egg yolk, carrots, leafy green vegetables, mangoes, tomatoes, and papaya.
- Mustard seeds – Put 1 teaspoonful of mustard seeds in 1 glass of water. Boil it till it is half. Let it cool down a bit. Use a dropper to place 3-4 drops in the nose.
- Cinnamon – This is useful in curing sinusitis. Take about 1 to 2 teaspoonful of cinnamon powder, add little bit of water to it. Apply the paste to the head as well as nose.
- Fruits – One must eat plenty of fruits such as oranges and those rich in Vitamin C. Sweet grape juice is very good.
- Vegetables – One must have fresh vegetables.
I have Chronic Sinusitis. my doctor just prescribes me with Corticosteroids and some antibiotics.